First, please do contribute! There are more than one way to contribute, and I will appreciate any way you choose.
- introduce Flask-OAuthlib to your friends, let Flask-OAuthlib to be known
- discuss Flask-OAuthlib , and submit bugs with github issues
- improve documentation for Flask-OAuthlib
- send patch with github pull request
English and Chinese issues are acceptable, talk in your favorite language.
Pull request and git commit message must be in English, if your commit message is in other language, it will be rejected.
When you submit an issue, please format your content, a readable content helps a lot. You should have a little knowledge on Markdown.
Code talks. If you can’t make yourself understood, show me the code. Please make your case as simple as possible.
The codebase of Flask-OAuthlib is highly tested and PEP 8 compatible, as a way to guarantee functionality and keep all code written in a good style.
You should follow the code style. Here are some tips to make things simple:
- When you cloned this repo, run
pip install -r requirements.txt
- Check the code style with
- Check the test with
- Check the test coverage with
Something you should know about git.
- don’t add any code on the master branch, create a new one
- don’t add too many code in one pull request
- all featured branches should be based on the master branch
- don’t merge any code yourself
Take an example, if you want to add feature A and feature B, you should have two branches:
$ git branch feature-A $ git checkout feature-A
Now code on feature-A branch, and when you finish feature A:
$ git checkout master $ git branch feature-B $ git checkout feature-B
All branches must be based on the master branch. If your feature-B needs feature-A, you should send feature-A first, and wait for its merging. We may reject feature-A, and you should stop feature-B.
Keep your master branch the same with upstream:
$ git remote add upstream firstname.lastname@example.org:lepture/flask-oauthlib.git $ git pull upstream master
And don’t change any code on master branch.